This privacy statement was last updated March 8, 2022.
Thank you for visiting our website (the “Website”). Please review this privacy statement (the “Privacy Statement”) carefully.
By accessing the Website, you consent to the terms of this Privacy Statement. If you do not consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement, you should immediately cease using and accessing this Website and any content, services or products contained in or available from this Website for which you need to provide personal information.
In this Privacy Statement the terms “we” and “our” refer to the Presidents Group and Open Door Group.
This Privacy Statement explains the Presidents Group and Open Door Group’s practices regarding the personal information of our members, prospective members and other visitors, as well as those who have interactions or transactions with us through other means of communication.
Terms and Conditions
1. Collection of Personal Information
To protect your privacy, we limit the amount of personal information we collect to the information that we reasonably require in the circumstances. Your personal information may be collected in one of several ways, including but not limited to:
(a) Automatic collection
We may receive certain information automatically when you interact with the Website. This may include information such as the type of Internet browser or computer operating system you are using, your IP address and the domain name of the website you just left.
(b) Information you provide to us
When you interact with the Website, you may provide us with personal information including contact information (e.g. name, organization, email, telephone number) and information about your business (e.g. your position or job title).
2. Use of Personal Information
As part of our operations, we collect and use certain personal information about our members, including contact information such as name, address, email address and telephone number, in order to process your requests, provide you with membership services and to better understand your needs so that we can serve you better. We may use demographic and profile data, combined with other publicly available information, to tailor online content according to your preferences. We may also collect and use your personal information for the purposes of:
- Establishing your identity;
- Managing your membership status;
- Facilitating participation in our programs;
- Responding to your inquiries and, if you ask us to, forwarding your inquiries to a third party;
- Communicating with you about the services we provide to you or your organization;
- Evaluating and improving our services and operations;
- Managing and responding to service requests;
- Helping identify you when you visit the Website in order to gather demographic information about users of our Website; and
- Managing and developing our operations and programs.
- Except as set out in this Privacy Statement, we will not disclose any personally identifiable information unless we are legally entitled or required to do so. For example, we may disclose personal information if:
- Required or permitted to do so by law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or by court order; or
- If we believe that such action is necessary to protect and/or defend our rights, personal safety or that of our users.
- We do not share personal information for purposes unrelated to our business operations. We do not sell personal information.
3. Accuracy and Completeness of Your Personal Information
We make reasonable efforts to ensure that the personal information that we collect is as accurate, complete and current as reasonably possible.
To ensure that the personal information you provide is accurate, complete and up to date, we urge you to provide us with updates regarding such information and to inform us of any errors affecting the personal information that we hold. If you believe that any of the information about you is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact us at info[at]accessibleemployers.ca.
4. Security Measures
We maintain technological, organizational and physical safeguards in an effort to protect the personal information held by us from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, distribution, loss or alteration.
Access to personal information will be restricted to our authorized personnel who require the information in order to perform their duties properly. In addition, access will be limited to only that information which is strictly necessary for the performance of those duties.
Depending on your browser settings, we may store some information on your computer or mobile device in the form of a “cookie”, or a similar type file. Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored on your computer to allow us to recognize your computer when you return to the Website.
At your option, you may turn off our cookies using the applicable features contained in your Internet browser; however, doing so may prevent you from making full use of some or all of the features of the Website.
6. Accessing Personal Information
Our members are entitled to access the personal information held by us concerning them. You can access your personal information by making a written request to us. We will generally respond to your request for information within thirty days. If a longer response time is necessary for reasons beyond our control, you will be advised accordingly.
7. Third Party Links
Our Website may contain links to external websites. This Privacy Statement only applies to the Open Door Group/Presidents Group’s operations and the operation of the Website.
While we may provide links to other websites, we do not guarantee or make any representations about the contents or privacy standards of any of these other websites.
9. Modifications to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time. We will alert you that changes have been made by indicating at the top of the Privacy Statement the date that it was last updated.
We encourage you to review our Privacy Statement to make sure that you understand how information that you provide will be used. Any changes that are made to this Privacy Statement will apply to any personal information that we hold prior to the effective date of the amended Privacy Statement and any personal information that we collect on or after such effective date.
10. Inquiries or Complaints
If you have comments or questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at email@example.com.